Local Accessibility for Punting Tours
La Mimosa punting station, Cambridge, CB5 8AB
This accessibility statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
What to expect from Scholars Punting Cambridge
Right in the centre of Cambridge, the great guided punting tour takes you through all the wonderful sights you can only see by river. The checking-in desk is situated on level ground at the Quayside. Coffee, tea and food are served in the surrounding restaurants and there is a range of seating and a public toilet available. There is a 200m walk, followed by three steps to get to the boats. Passengers will need to be able to sit on a maximum seat height of 14″.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01223 430049, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us, please see the find us section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using a journey planning website; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is CB5 8AG, to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Cambridge, which is approximately 3km away (a half hour walk). Taxis are available at the station, or alternatively you can call 01223 715715 to book a taxi.
- The nearest bus stop is Bridge Street. This is approximately 100m from our check-in desk. Our check-in desk is located on the quayside which adjoins Bridge Street. The Bridge Street stop heading back towards the station is 250m from the check-in desk.
- Shop mobility must be booked in advance. Please use the following contact information to make your reservation;
Call: 01223 461858 (Grafton East office)
Call: 01223 457452 (Grand Arcade office)
- The pavements are all even surfaced in these areas.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The nearest parking facilities are at Park Street car park. It is 250m from Scholars Punting Company. The tariff is £2.30/hour, or free for 3 hours for blue badge holders.
- The nearest free parking is on Wilberforce Road. This is approximately 700m away.
- Passengers may be dropped off by car at the quayside.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The main checking-in desk is situated on level ground outside at the Quayside.
- There are three steps down to the boats and a single handrail.
- There are chairs and stools within the quayside area for patrons of the cafés and restaurants. The floor is brick. There is a public toilet with a tiled floor. The area is well-lit with multiple types of lighting.
- Refreshments are available from various cafés on the quayside
- Staff will be available to aid disabled customers into the boat where needed
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- Once on the tour, a commentary is given by the chauffeur. It is recommended that passengers with hearing difficulties sit closer to the guide. The main attraction is the sights, so deaf passengers will still enjoy the tour.
- Toilets are available at the quayside, adjacent to the check-in desk. A baby-changing unit is fitted in the toilet block. It is lit with a standard bulb. The taps are hand operated. The floor has large tiles. The seat is 400mm/15.7″. There is transfer space around the disabled toilet. The door has a clearance space of 100cm. The door opens outward, leaving movement space inside. Floor tiles are black and white, whilst wall tiles are a variety of colours. The basin and toilet are white.
- There are a broad selection of different restaurants at the quayside.
- WiFi is not available
- All dogs are welcome and dog water bowls are available.
- Our check-in desk is blue with a miniature punt built into its structure. The Scholars Punting logo is visible.
- Mobility scooters, pushchairs, and prams can be stored at our check-in desk. This is 200m from our punts, however, we are happy to drive your scooter back for you.
- Being a popular destination for tourists, there is a large range of local accommodation available on sites such as booking.com.
- A readable tour script is available online. If you have no mobile internet, then you can download the Downloadable PDF for Deaf Customers in advance.
- In the future we plan to produce handbooks with writing for deaf passengers.
Address including postcode:
The Quayside, Cambridge, CB5 8AG.
Web site: www.scholarspuntingcambridge.co.uk
Hours of operation:
Cambridge Care Company
6-7 Kings Court
Telephone 01638 561100
Local accessible taxi:
Panther Taxi – 01223 715715
Local public transport:
Cambridge Train Station, Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JW.
Bridge Street bus stop, CB2 1UJ.
Bridge Street bus stop to Scholars station
Drummer Street to Scholars station
Park Street car park to Scholars station
Parking at Wilberforce Road to Scholars